It has a total endowment of 1,320 million
They will be received by the autonomous communities of Andalusia, Aragon, the Balearic Islands, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, the Valencian Community, Galicia, Madrid and the Basque Country.
97% of the funds will be allocated to self-consumption facilities, while the remaining 3% to air conditioning and domestic hot water
The Program plans to incorporate 1,850 MW of renewable generation into the system and create more than 25,000 direct and indirect jobs
The Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge (MITECO) expands by 505 million euros the Program of incentives for self-consumption, energy storage and thermal installations with renewables , included in the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan (PRTR). They will be received by the autonomous communities of Andalusia, Aragon, the Balearic Islands, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, the Valencian Community, Galicia, Madrid and the Basque Country, which have already committed the Program funds they originally received and have requested an extension.
The Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDAE), a body attached to MITECO, is in charge of managing the Program, which is disseminated by the autonomous communities throughout the national territory. It was launched in June of last year with an initial budget of 600 million, expandable up to 1,320 million, depending on whether the autonomous communities committed their original endowment.
The mobilization of these 505 million confirms the success of the Program and highlights the speed with which the PRTR European funds are being executed, since in less than a year the budget has increased by more than 75% of the total available. The autonomous communities can continue to request extensions when they are in an advanced state of execution of the already allocated funds.
Practically all of the new funds, 97%, are allocated to promoting self-consumption with or without storage, while the remaining 3% responds to air conditioning and domestic hot water actions.
With these aid lines, framed in Component 7 of the PRTR, it is expected to incorporate 1,850 MW of renewable generation into the system. The creation of more than 25,000 direct and indirect jobs is estimated, a GDP growth of 1.7 million euros for every million aid and a reduction in CO2 emissions of more than one million tons per year.
The deadline for submitting applications for this aid program will begin on November 2 and end on December 31, 2023